22 Dec Sustainable Color Communication: Securing Color Inspiration Reaches Your Consumer | Step 4
Here are 3 ways to secure the color inspiration you selected in the early stages of your color development:
1. Wrong Color due to the communication failure in the supply chain. This leads to disappointed consumers as the color in the store does not meet their expectations or to additional costs and delays in the production.
2. Damage to Brand Integrity as there are black sheep in the supply chain that uses listed chemicals in production or ignores their responsibility for the environment in their production process. The consumer will blame it on the brand, not on the mill.
3. Unhappy Customers as many brands fail to meet their demand for high quality, low prices and protection of the environment.
These failures can be avoided by selecting a color service provider integrated with a dyestuff manufacturer and testing company. These companies together can build a team of specialists that provide the solutions for your color communication process.
FAILURES IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN
1. WRONG COLOR
How many sales have you lost by having the wrong color on the rack?
Color is failing in today’s supply chain and, as a result, the color in the store is in many cases are far from the designer’s inspiration. It’s the wrong color. How does this happen? It’s caused by a failure to communicate the color properly from designer to vendor and textile mill. Color failures cost time and money, which result in compromised time-lines and delays that produce costly late charges for everyone in the supply chain.
It’s caused by a failure to communicate the color properly from designer to vendor and textile mill. Color failures cost time and money, which result in compromised time-lines and delays that produce costly late charges for everyone in the supply chain.
Consumers expect to buy that perfect color at the best price. How do we overcome these challenges?
Select a color service provider that provides the solutions to eliminate your color failures. A solutions-oriented company will provide design or product development teams:
- access to a large selection of ready-made color
- adopt supply chain discipline
- track color from inspiration to garment
- obtain global color support
As a result, the desired color moves quickly and seamlessly from designer to garment in the store.
2. DAMAGE TO BRAND INTEGRITY
Identifying and protecting your Brand Integrity in the 21st century has become a daunting task. The manufacturing and sourcing of fabrics and garments are dynamic and multi-national. The supply chain is lengthy, fragmented and not transparent. NGOs and public groups are voicing concern regarding corporate social responsibility, environmental issues, and chemicals in consumer products. The communication of these issues spreads rapidly through social media platforms. As a result, Brand Integrity is under siege and the potential for damage and value loss to investors and shareholders is paramount.
How can Brand Integrity be protected in this environment?
Select a color service provider integrated with a dyestuff manufacturer and testing company that has the solutions to protect your Brand Integrity. A company focused on solutions will be able to provide design or product development teams:
- a global environmental protection network
- fully eco-compliant color standards for designers
- the ability to eliminate toxic dyes and chemicals from the supply chain
- proven auditing and training programs
- reliable testing services to monitor compliance
3. UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS
Consumer demands for higher quality at lower prices are pressuring Brands & Retailers. Customers are seeking functional garments that are designed to be low impact on the environment and long-lasting. Even one unhappy customer can have a significant impact through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media avenues.
The lengthy, multi-national and fragmented supply chains challenge the ability of Brands & Retailers to meet these quality demands and price points. Returns are common and can be attributed to light-fastness, perspiration light-fastness, wet rubbing fastness and color loss after multiple washes. Even more alarming is the presence of restricted substances on the fabrics and garments. If these failures reach the consumer, confidence, and value is lost in the Brand.
How can Brands & Retailers meet consumer demands and price points?
Select a color service provider integrated with a dyestuff manufacturer and testing company that has the solutions to protect your Brand Integrity. A company focused on solutions will provide design or product development teams:
- unparalleled color expertise
- color confidence to meet the toughest quality and value demands
- certified color standards that can be tailor-made to meet environmental and quality specifications
- textile dyes that ensure high quality and low environmental impact
- textile dyes proved to reduce water consumption, utility usage and wastewater discharge
- reliable testing service to ensure compliance and resolve failures
A color communication process that ensures a positive impact on the planet, people, and profit are available in today’s supply chain. However, the successful construction and implementation of a sustainable process will require supply chain collaboration from all stakeholders involved in the movement of color from creation to shop.
Sustainable Color Communication
Supply Chain Collaboration – The new paradigm for sustainable textiles