17 Nov SS 22 | COLOR ANALYSIS
SS/22 COLOR ANALYSIS
A trend forecasting report, that offers brands and retailers high-level global trends based on consumer reports, detailed market research and generational mindsets influenced by art and culture.
With the combination of Art & Science, we have created a unique way to view Color & Trend by combining collected insights and observations with extensive in-house color data and palette management. Using the research we have collected, we present these high level macro trends along with related categories and color validation.
- GLOBAL MACRO TRENDS / PRODUCT CATEGORY – In the first section, Global Macro Trends focuses on global color forecast, along with Product Category, that gives an insight on the colors used for market segments with consumer updates to innovations.
- COLOR ANALYSIS – shows how colors are tracking and performing as well as emerging colors based on 10+ years of palette management experience across more than 80 brands and retailers through our process called Relative Color Popularity (RCP). In this section we also present the “key colors” for the season in Color Flash. We also include a full level range for each “key color” to assist with building your palettes in Leveled Up.
- COLOR INSPIRATIONS – are presented by hue with a look at each family of color.
GLOBAL MACRO TRENDS / PRODUCT CATEGORIES
- RESTFUL SERENITY
- Fresh & Clean / Lounging Around / Relaxation Lounge / Athleisure Mindset
- ADAPTIVE NATURE
- Going Green / Home Sanctuary / Upcycle Style / Geared Up
- MINDFUL RESET
- Organized Space / Modern Beauty / Sophisticated Comfort / Connected Expression
- TECHNOLOGY TAKEOVER
- Social Influence / Fashion Refresh
RCP – RELATIVE COLOR POPULARITY
The color experts at CSI have created an extensive knowledge base of historical color usage obtained from in-house data collected from 10+ years of color palette management.
Using this data, we are able to validate each forecasted color through a process called Relative Color Popularity (RCP). Based on the RCP evaluation, the SS/22 colors have been organized into three categories to help validate your color selections.
For SS/22 – 8 colors were selected that stand out as “must have” key colors. Through our research and analysis, we see these colors across categories and genders, being used in multiple ways.
For SS/22, we are incorporating levels for the 8 key colors from COLOR FLASH. With these groups you also get additional colors to give you a full level range to build your palettes. As we see more levels used in different applications in multiple product categories, we think it is a key component in selecting colors and developing products for the season.
The Color Progression Report is a combination of hindsight and forecast trend colors for three seasons, organized by color family. This progression shows how the colors are shifting, while also highlighting colors that are more consistent season to season. How colors shift over time gives us insight for the future, while also providing validation for past seasonal palettes. We have included seasonal trend color for SS21, AW21/22, and SS22 for review.
- Sunkissed Yellow
- Tangerine Tango
- Cosmetic Chic
- Pinked Up
- Grape Goodness
- Denim Blues
- Tropical Vibe
- Green Envy
- Moss Madness
- Iced Coffee
- Grey Core
- CSI Core
You can purchase and download the Color Analysis SS/22 report HERE.